The 2011 Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS)
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation proudly announces the 2011 Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) Scholarship Program. GMS will select 1,000 talented students and will pay for their Bachelor’s, Master’s AND Doctoral Degrees at any U.S. College or University of their choice.
To start your application, visit www.gmsp.org and click on GMS Application. To be eligible, students must:
- Be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, National, or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 or have earned a GED.
- First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
- Must enroll as a first-year, full-time, degree-seeking student at any U.S. located, accredited college or university in the Fall of 2011.
- Must major in Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Library Science, Mathematics, or Public Health.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service and / or extracurricular activities.
- And submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The deadline to submit all required documents is Monday, January 10, 2011. Should you have any questions, please call 1-(877)-690-4677.
The GMS program is more than just a scholarship; it is an opportunity to change your life! HCC wishes you continued success on all of your educational endeavors. Thank you.