VetSuccess on Campus
The VetSuccess on Campus program is a collaborative effort between Houston Community College (HCC) and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the purpose of providing a supportive on-campus environment for student Veterans and their dependents. Services provided will enable them to make a smooth transition to college life and successfully complete their educational programs.
The VA has placed a full-time, experienced Vocational Counselor on the HCC campus. This counselor will serve as a “one-stop liaison” for Veterans, active duty military and their eligible family members who attend or plan to attend HCC.
Your VetSuccess on Campus Counselor can assist you with:
- Information on VA educational benefits to include: Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30), Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33), and other VA and non-VA educational benefits
- How to apply for and maximize your VA educational benefits should you be eligible for more than one benefit
- Understanding and applying for Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Chapter 31)
- Vocational exploration and career counseling services
- Information on college credit for military experience & training
- Job placement assistance and referrals to state employment agencies and services
- Information on applying for other VA benefits to include disability compensation, Life Insurance and Home Loan Guaranty
- Assistance with electing healthcare benefits through the Veterans Health Administration
- Information and referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Referrals to the local Vet Center for readjustment counseling services
- Referrals to on-campus, community and VA resources to ensure academic success
For more information, assistance or to schedule an appointment, contact your VetSuccess on Campus Counselor at Houston Community College.
Mrs. Evette Ned
Houston Community College
District Office of Veterans Affairs
3220A Main Street Ste. 105
Houston, Texas 77002
EDUCATE . . . . . SUPPORT . . . . . GRADUATE . . . . . EMPLOYMENT. . . . . VetSuccess!