Order Official Transcripts
Important: IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT TRANSCRIPTS BE SENT ELECTRONICALLY. Most colleges in Texas trade electronically and prefer students send their records via this method instead of hand delivering a copy to the school. Electronic transcripts will be processed more quickly by our institution and at the receiving institution.
Houston Community College has chosen the services of Credentials Inc. to provide a web-based transcript service. Credentials Inc. has implemented Transcripts Plus ® as a secure means of ordering transcripts faster and easier. If you have questions or problems completing your order, you can contact Credentials customer service at 1-847-716-3005. Credentials hours of operation are Monday-Thursday 7:00am-8:00pm CST and Friday 7:00am-6:30pm CST.
The College will not release a transcript of any student that has not fulfilled financial and other responsibilities to the College.
To request a transcript, you can do so in the following ways:
- Online (available 24 hours – 7 days a week):
Transcripts ordered online are generally mailed within 1 to 3 business days the order is received. Cost is $7.00 per transcript. Payment must be made by debit or credit card. To order online, click on the icon below.
Key features of this service include:
- 24/7 access. You may submit your request from anywhere in the world.
- Faster service. The transcript will be mailed within three business days of making the request
- Easy address look-up. A search feature connects you to a database of many college and university mailing addresses.
- Precise addressing. You have control over what address we use to send your transcript. No more worries about an inability to read hand-written addresses.
- Status updates. Receive email updates on the status of your request, from receipt of the order to a notice when the transaction is complete. This includes confirmation numbers, express delivery tracking numbers, and toll-free phone assistance. If there is a problem in processing your request, you are notified via email.
- Exact pricing. When your request is submitted, you know the total cost of the request, and this amount will be charged to your credit card. No more worrying about delays due to incorrect payments.
Some orders may qualify for "Automatic Authorization" without your signature. To qualify, your order must meet the following criteria:
- the name on your credit card exactly matches your name as it appears on your College records and
- either the Student ID, Date of Birth or Social Security Number, or any combination of two of these, must match what is on your College records and
- you do not have attachments to accompany your transcript order.
If your order is not eligible for "Automatic Authorization," a form will be available at the end of the order process. Print, sign, and fax that form and any attachments to the Office of Student Records (as shown on the form). Your order will be processed upon receipt of the form, unless you have requested that it be held for degree or grade posting.
- PDF Transcripts
Students can send PDF transcripts to any valid email address (another college or university, third-party recipient or themselves). Students can request a PDF transcript online anytime using Transcript Plus.
PDF transcripts are official transcripts, however, please be aware that when sending a PDF transcript to yourself it cannot be forwarded to a different email address. Forwarding a PDF transcript makes it unofficial. If your transcript is going to a third party, you should have it sent directly to their email address, this ensures that the transcript will still be considered an official University document.
PDF transcripts are $7.00 each. Credentials, Inc. is the vendor Houston Community College contracts with to provide official PDF transcripts through an encrypted and secure service. For customer service, please contact Credentials, Inc. at (847) 716-3005.
Many professional application services (such as LSAC, AMCAS, SOPHAS, NursingCAS, etc.) now accept PDF transcripts from HCC.
- Telephone Orders
To place an order by telephone you can contact Credentials at (847) 716-3005. Credentials customer service is available Monday-Thursday 7:00am-8:00pm CST and Friday 7:00am-6:30pm CST. Cost is $7.00 per transcript plus an operator assisted handling fee of $10.00 per call. Transcripts ordered by telephone are generally mailed within 1 to 3 business days the order is received.
Checking Order Status
Both online and telephone options give you the opportunity to check the status of your order 24 hours – 7 days a week by clicking Transcript Order Status. You will need to know your order number and social security or student ID number to retrieve your order information.
Ordering and/or Picking up Transcripts in Person
You may order and/or pick up a copy of your official transcript at any of the HCC locations listed to the right. Some campuses require a 24 to 48 hour turnaround time for pick up, please call your local campus for pickup times. Cost is $5.00 per transcript.
Transcripts are released only to the person named on the HCC record and valid identification is required. If you are picking up a transcript for someone else, you must have a signed release form from the student and valid identification available at time of the request.If you are ordering or picking up a transcript, you have the option to pay in person with cash, check or credit card at the time of pickup. If you are paying by check a 10 day hold will be place on your records until the check clears. After 10 days your transcript will be processed and released.