Download UST Research Topics [601 kbs]
UST faculty have provided their topics of research in the form of abstract for the year 2015-2016.
Students must review the abstracts in order to determine the topic of research they may be interested in working.
2015-2016 Academic Year (October 1, 2015 - August 31, 2016)
HCC students interested in 2015 - 2016 STEM Research Program must:
- be U.S. permanent residents/U.S. Citizens
- be enrolled at HCC during Fall Semester 2015 and Spring Semester 2016
- have taken courses to ensure the basic knowledge needed to conduct advance scientific research
- commit time and efforts to work with the cohort and complete the project
Student application and research topics will be available in August 2015.
All original applications must be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Dr. Yiyan Bai / Dr. Jyoti Wagle
LHSB 402, Biology & Physical Sciences
Houston Community College - Central
1300 Holman, Houston, TX 77004
*Students already in the program and want to continue their participation must re-apply each year.
Students must attach a copy of the transcript and one page essay discussing academic preparation and career goals to the application.
Once available in August, students should review the research topics, contact the selected HCC STEM faculty with who they would like to work, provide them with a copy of their application, and discuss their academic preparation and career goals. This is an important required step in the selection process.
Selected students will be required to:
- attend a mandatory orientation along with their sponsoring UST and HCC faculty
- complete the required paperwork
- commit weekly time to research at HCC and/or UST
- maintain research and time records
- work with the faculty to prepare the poster and present at the UST-HCC symposium in September 2016 and other symposia and conferences