Application - Apply Now! Deadline is extended to October 8, 2015
Download UST Research Topics [601 kbs]
UST faculty have provided their topics of research in the form of abstract for the year 2015-2016.
Student applicants must review the abstracts in order to determine the topic of research they may be interested in working.
Download HCC Faculty List [91 kbs]
Students interested in applying for the program must review the list of HCC Faculty selected to work on specific projects.
It is very important that the student applicants meet with HCC faculty to express their interest in this program.
Student application for the year 2015-2016 is now posted.
Students are required to go through the application, read the requirements, duration of the project, and refer to the UST research abstracts and HCC Faculty list in order to complete the application.
They must also meet with HCC Faculty they are interested in working with, in order to list their first, second and third choices.
The deadline to receive the application is now extended- 4:00 PM, Thursday, October 8, 2015.
2015-2016 Academic Year (October 16, 2015 - August 31, 2016)
HCC students interested in 2015 - 2016 STEM Research Program must:
- be U.S. permanent residents/U.S. Citizens
- be enrolled at HCC during Fall Semester 2015 and Spring Semester 2016
- have taken courses to ensure the basic knowledge needed to conduct advance scientific research
- commit time and efforts to work with the cohort and complete the project
Student application, research topics and the list of HCC Faculty selected for the program are now available at this site.
All original applications must be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Dr. Jyoti Wagle
LHSB 402, Biology & Physical Sciences
Houston Community College - Central
1300 Holman, Houston, TX 77004
*Students already in the program and want to continue their participation must re-apply each year.
Students must attach a copy of the transcript and one page essay discussing academic preparation and career goals to the application.
Students should review the research topics, contact the selected HCC STEM faculty with who they would like to work, provide them with a copy of their application, and discuss their academic preparation and career goals. This is an important required step in the selection process.
Selected students will be required to:
- attend a mandatory orientation
- complete the required paperwork
- commit weekly time to research at HCC and/or UST
- maintain research and time records
- work with the faculty to prepare the poster and present at the UST-HCC symposium in September 2016 and other symposia and conferences