Download UST Research Abstracts [601 kbs]
Each year, research topics provided by UST faculty in form of an abstract is posted here.
Faculty must use this list to determine the area of research they are interested in working.
They will be required to list their choice while completing their application for the program.
Download HCC Faculty Application [33 kbs]
Faculty application for year 2015-2016 is now posted.
Faculty are required to go through the application, read the requirements, duration of the project, and refer to the UST research abstracts in order to complete the application.
The deadline to receive the application is 4:00 PM, Friday, July 31, 2015.
2015-2016 Academic Year (October 1, 2015 - August 31, 2016)
All participating faculty must be:
- US permanent residents or citizens
- Teaching at HCC during fall semester 2015 and spring semester 2016.
All original applications (download from link below) must be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Dr. Yiyan Bai / Dr. Jyoti Wagle
LHSB 402, Biology Department
Houston Community College - Central
1300 Holman, Houston, TX 77004
*Faculty already in the program and want to continue their participation must re-apply each year.
Once selected, each faculty is responsible for:
- helping in the recruitment of the students
- making sure that the students attend the required orientation
- completing all the paperwork in a timely manner
- coordinating research with the UST faculty partner
- being present with the students to do the research
- supervising the project, maintain required records and ensure completion of the project by August 31, 2016
- involving students in preparation of a mandatory poster and working with the students in presenting at a symposium hosted by UST and HCC in September 2016 and other symposia and conferences.
To help in recruitment of the students, faculty must take into consideration
- U.S. permanent residence/U.S. citizenship status
- Enrollment at HCC during the research project period
- Courses taken by the students to ensure the basic knowledge needed to conduct advance research
- Have the time and commitment to complete the project and complete all paperwork in a timely manner