Download UST Research Abstracts [949 kbs]
Each year, research topics provided by UST faculty in form of an abstract is posted here.
This information is used by the faculty and students to determine the area of research they are interested in working and for completing the application for the program.
Download HCC Faculty Application [33 kbs]
Each year, faculty application is posted here. Faculty are required to go through the application, read the requirements, duration of the project, and refer to the UST research abstracts in order to complete the application. The deadline to receive the application in the past years has been during the month of July.
2014-2015 Academic Year (October 1, 2014 - August 31, 2015)
All participating faculty must be:
- US permanent residents or citizens
- Teaching at HCC during fall semester 2014 and spring semester 2015.
All original applications (download from link below) must be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Dr. Yiyan Bai / Dr. Jyoti Wagle
LHSB 402, Biology & Physical Sciences
Houston Community College - Central
1300 Holman, Houston, TX 77004
*Faculty already in the program and want to continue their participation must re-apply each year.
Once selected, each faculty is responsible for:
- helping in the recruitment of the students
- making sure that the students attend the required orientation
- completing all the paperwork in a timely manner
- coordinate research with the UST faculty partner
- be present with the students to do the research
- supervise the project, maintain required records and ensure completion of the project by July 31, 2015
- involve students in preparation of a mandatory poster in August 2015 and work with the students to present at a symposium hosted by UST and HCC in September 2015 and other symposia and conferences.
To help in recruitment of the students, faculty must take into consideration
- U.S. permanent residence/U.S. citizenship status
- Enrollment at HCC during the entire contract time
- Courses taken by the students to ensure the basic knowledge needed to conduct advance research
- Have the time and commitment to complete the project