Application for International Students:

Students planning to attend HCC must submit/upload a complete application to the Office of International Student Services & Study Abroad (OISS&SA) by the application deadlines (incomplete applications will NOT be accepted for processing). 

What type of International Student am I? (Click on links below for steps on how to complete each application) 

Note: Do not use the Apply Texas Application! This application is not designed for HCC international students and using it will slow your application process.

Students under 18 years of age: An international student under the age of 18 who wishes to gain admission to HCC must provide documentation to prove that he/she has achieved the equivalency of a U.S. high school diploma in his/her country by submitting a transcript evaluation along with their application to OISS&SA. Accepted Evaluation agencies.

Using an Agency

IMPORTANT: Students do not need to secure a third-party agency to gain admission to HCC. HCC staff is available at no cost to students to assist with the admissions and registration process. If a student chooses to utilize the services of a third-party agency, the student should be aware that they assume full responsibility for all actions conducted by the third-party agent acting on the student’s behalf. Although rare, there have been incidents of third-party agencies submitting fraudulent admissions documentation on behalf of a student. If fraudulent activity is committed by an agency representative acting on behalf of a student, the student is fully responsible and may be subject to disciplinary action. Given that third-party agencies often require personally identifiable information from students to act on their behalf, it is also possible for an agent to gain access to a student’s on-line student account and make changes without the student’s consent.


The information on the Houston Community College (HCC) Office of International Student Services (OISS) website is intended only for current and prospective international students, faculty, and staff affiliated with HCC.  All matters relating to the immigration status of the student is the student’s responsibility, not the responsibility of HCC.  If a student has an immigration issue that requires legal advice, the student is encouraged to seek professional services from a qualified immigration attorney. Any information on OISS’s website is subject to change at any time and without notice and may not apply to individuals outside HCC. Nothing contained herein should be constructed as giving legal advice as contemplated under any statute, regulation, or other law.