Welcome, to Houston Community College Financial Aid Website for Continuing Education.
Continuing Education faculty and staff are committed to providing outstanding instruction and services to our community in areas such as: business, languages, technology, construction, transportation, public safety and health. We are proud of the expertise our faculty brings to the classroom. Whether changing careers or updating your skills, the School of Continuing Education can help you achieve your goals. Financial aid assistance for continuing education students limited. Below you will find information on financial aid opportunities currently available at this time.
Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) for Continuing Education Students
Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) is a grant designed to help Texas resident students cover his/her tuition and fees, when these expenses exceed the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) reported on their Student Aid Report (SAR). TPEG is awarded to eligible applicants on a first-come, first-served basis while funds are available and does not cover the cost of books, material, tools or any other supplies.
How to Apply
- Complete HCC Admission application at http://www.hccs.edu/district/students/apply/
- Complete FAFSA Application – Instruction at http://www.hccs.edu/district/students/financialaid/apply-for-financial-aid/
- Set up a meeting with your MSA Certificate program representative. Bring a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) to the Orientation.
- Send an e-mail with your name, student ID and MSA program to the Financial Aid Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eligibility status requirements will be determined in approximately 7-10 business days after all required application documentation is received. Do not register for classes unless TPEG is approved or self-payment is made at time of registration. TPEG award notification will be sent via email.
- Once an award notification is received; coordinate start date with a CE Staff or a Program Manager in order to register for classes.
- U.S citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Texas Resident.
- Submit FAFSA Application.
- Submit TPEG Application.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Must Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).(http://www.hccs.edu/district/students/financialaid/satisfactory-academic-progress/).
- Males must be registered for selective service or have proof of exception.
- Must meet approved continuing education program requirements.
- Must be registered into a course before TPEG can be posted to your account.
- Must pass all registered program coursework in order for subsequent coursework to be funded.
- Students are not allowed to pursue another approved continuing education program and/ or academic career without completing the current MSA certificate.
Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) is available for qualified students in the following approved continuing education programs:
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (Bilingual)
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Certified Nurse Aide (including the English Language Learner)
- Child Development Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- Comprehensive Coding Certificate
- Desktop Support and Network Specialist Program
- Electrical Technician I & II
- IT Support Specialist
- Translation & Interpretation
- Medical Business Office Professional
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate
- Patient Care Technician
- Property Management
- Truck Driving
State funds are awarded to eligible applicants on a first-come, first served basis while funds are available. For more information visit: hccs.edu/ce, call 713.718.8905 or email email@example.com
Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
Several Continuing Education (CE) programs are funded by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Individuals who qualify for this grant are determined on a case-by-case basis, while funds are available.
High-demand credit, CE programs funded by the Workforce Investment Act
The following is a listing of the high-demand credit and continuing education programs at Houston Community College that are funded by the Workforce Investment Act (WIA). Individuals who qualify for this grant are determined on income received over the past six months.
For Information on WIA programs, call 713-718-8162
|Air Conditioning & Ref (English & Spanish)||Accounting AAS|
Alternative Teacher Cert (Math & Science)
Computer Engineering Technology AAS
Alternative Teacher Cert (Special Education)
Electrical Power Technology Certificate
Cisco – CCNA
Heating, Air Conditioning & Ref Technology
Introduction to Welding Using Multiple Processes
Network and Computer Systems Administration (MCITP)
Industrial Automation Technology Certificate
Licensed Vocational Practical Nurse Certificate
Residential Wiring (Bilingual)
Medical Laboratory Technician AAS
Petroleum Engineering Tech AAS & Certificate
Online Courses -
Process Technology AAS & Certificate
Registered Nurse AAS
|Respiratory Therapist AAS|
For more information on WIA programs, call 713.718.8162.
HCC Foundation Workforce Scholarships
HCC Foundation currently have available ten $500 scholarships for those students seeking a workforce career for each of the following Continuing Education departments:
- Information Technology
- Construction & Trades
- Health Careers
- Public Safety
Individuals must complete the scholarship application online at https://www.hccsfoundation.org/workforceschlp
Note: This scholarship is not refundable and can only be applied towards your Tuition.
For more information, call 713-718-8905