AmeriCorps provides members an opportunity to make a difference in life for those around you. AmeriCorps allows you to apply your skills and ideals toward helping others and meeting needs in the community. AmeriCorps offers 75,000 opportunities for adults of all ages and backgrounds in partnerships with local and national non-profit groups.
The eligibility and benefits for AmeriCorps membership is:
- U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents age 17 and older.
- Member serve full or part time over a 10 to 12 month period.
- Upon successful completion of their service, members receive an AmeriCorps Education Award of up to $4,725 to pay for college or graduate school or to pay back qualified student loans.
- During their service, members receive health coverage, training, and student loan deferment.
- Some members can receive a modest annual living allowance.
- Members who serve part time receive a partial AmeriCorps Education Award.
To attend classes at Houston Community College you must meet the following requirements:
- Student must submit a request on the AmeriCorps web-site indicating the semester and amount of funds to be used.
- All request for AmeriCorps are done electronically on the AmeriCorps. Please click here and click on student account.
- After AmeriCorps receives the electronic acceptance from Houston Community College, AmeriCorps will then send funds via EFT to Houston Community College in the amount you requested.
- After Houston Community College receives the check from AmeriCorps, the funds will be posted into your account. (NOTE - *Funds will not be posted to your account until Houston Community College receives money from AmeriCorps AND * All funds are posted in the order they are received from AmeriCorps.)
- When the funds are posted to your account, you will be able to access them to pay for your tuition and fees.
- Once your tuition and fees are paid, you will be able to use the remaining funds to purchase books.
- If you have a credit balance after your tuition and fees have been paid, it will be applied to your Higher One Eagle Card. (Make certain you have updated your mailing address with Admission Office).
(Note: Failure to meet the deadline dates will delay the availability of funds to cover tuition and fee payments during registration). Information about AmeriCorps and application
If you should have any further question, contact Carnegie Bingham via e-mail at email@example.com.
Please Note: Depending on the amount of the student request, AmeriCorps will send two payments. One at the beginning of the semester and the second amount in the middle of the semester.