Working at HCC
Houston Community College System (HCCS) employs a competitive hiring process for Faculty, Staff and Administrators. We offer a wide-range of benefits for our employees and their family members. To view our employee benefits, visit HCC Summary of Benefits. We employ full-time, part-time/adjunct and temporaries for a composite institutional staffing of approximately 6,000 employees.
Houston is a business leader and has a vibrant economy with an abundance of amentities and resources. The City of Houston is home to more than 2.2 million people and the Greater Houston area has a population of more than 5 million. The city has a diverse mix of food, music, sports, amenities and resources.
Fun Facts About Houston
- Houston, with 2.3 million residents, is the fourth most populous city in the United States, trailing only New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.
- Houston is the nation’s demographic future.
- 40% Anglo
- 35% Hispanic
- 17% African American
- 8% Asian/Other
- Eighty-three languages are spoken in Houston.
- Forbes rates Houston among the 10 Best Cities for Young Entrepreneurs (2014).
- Houston is deemed the No. 1 city in America for young couples in new study, according to a study by Credit Donkey (2014).
- Houston came in at No. 7 on The New York Times' list of the 46 Places to Go in 2013.
- Forbes named Houston the "Coolest City" in the country in 2012, citing factors such as the strong economy, dynamic arts scene and multiculturalism.
- In 2012, Houston ranked ninth among major metro areas for college students in a study from the American Institute for Economic Research.
Source: Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau
Sep 15, 2015
Houston Community College has received the 2015 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, the oldest and largest diversity-focused publication in higher education
- 20 Jun
West Loop Campus
Houston Community College will host a district-wide Job Fair to fill open adjunct positions.