Working at HCC
Houston Community College System (HCCS) employs a competitive hiring process for Faculty, Staff and Administrators. We offer a wide-range of benefits for our employees and their family members. To view our employee benefits, visit HCC Summary of Benefits. We employ full-time, part-time/adjunct and temporaries for a composite institutional staffing of approximately 6,000 employees.
It is the policy of the Houston Community College System to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or disability. Individuals with disabilities, who require special accommodations to interview, should contact the Employment Services Office at (713) 718-8565.
Houston is a business leader and has a vibrant economy with an abundance of amentities and resources. The City of Houston is home to more than 2.2 million people and the Greater Houston area has a population of more than 5 million. The city has a diverse mix of food, music, sports, amenities and resources.
Fun Facts About Houston
- Houston, with 2.3 million residents, is the fourth most populous city in the United States, trailing only New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.
- Houston is the nation’s demographic future.
- 40% Anglo
- 35% Hispanic
- 17% African American
- 8% Asian/Other
- Eighty-three languages are spoken in Houston.
- Forbes rates Houston among the 10 Best Cities for Young Entrepreneurs (2014).
- Houston is deemed the No. 1 city in America for young couples in new study, according to a study by Credit Donkey (2014).
- Houston came in at No. 7 on The New York Times' list of the 46 Places to Go in 2013.
- Forbes named Houston the "Coolest City" in the country in 2012, citing factors such as the strong economy, dynamic arts scene and multiculturalism.
- In 2012, Houston ranked ninth among major metro areas for college students in a study from the American Institute for Economic Research.
Source: Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau
Sep 15, 2015
Houston Community College has received the 2015 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine, the oldest and largest diversity-focused publication in higher education