Houston Community College Sponsorship Guidelines
HCC recognizes the importance of supporting local community programs, initiatives, and activities that improve the quality of life in the communities that HCC serves. Organizations may request HCC sponsorship of events or programs through financial support or in-kind services that fall within our sponsorship priorities.
Service area: HCC’s service area is the Houston Independent School District, Katy, Spring Branch and Alief ISDs, the Stafford Municipal District and the Fort Bend portion of Missouri City. Priority will be given to those organizations that fall within these service areas.
Economic and Workforce Development: HCC is committed to supporting academic advancement, workforce training, career and economic development, small business development initiatives, economic growth, chamber memberships and activities, and lifelong learning opportunities to prepare individuals in our diverse communities for life and work in a global and technological society. Priority will be given to those organizations that support these same initiatives.
Community Outreach: HCC is committed to supporting community-based activities or programs that promote the general welfare of a community and promote education-related alliances, events that highlight diversity, strategic opportunities for HCC employee volunteerism, and educational initiatives and community outreach efforts deemed to be in the best interest of HCC. The highest priority consideration will be given to those communities that support education, literacy, social services, diversity and the arts
HCC cannot provide sponsorships to
- Political campaigns or parties
- Groups that discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation or national origin
- Entities which pass-through monies to individuals or other groups (a.k.a. “third-party giving”)
All requests for HCC sponsorships must be submitted in writing, at least eight (8) weeks prior to date of event, using the HCC Sponsorship Application Form.
We recognize the importance of all community activities and events, but we must evaluate all requests in the context of the HCC’s mission and financial constraints.
Only those requests that comply with the mission and vision of HCC and are within budgetary constraints will be considered.
Sponsorship Process, Policies and Guidelines
- All requests must be submitted through HCC’s on-line Sponsorship Application Form.
- Organizations must have a valid non-profit status.
- All sponsorship requests must be received at least eight (8) weeks prior to the event, program, activity, initiative or project begins in order to be considered.
- All sponsorship requests must be accompanied by the HCC on-line Sponsorship Application Form and must include all the information requested on the application form.
- All organizations must re-apply for funds every year within the 8-week policy to be considered for funding – even if HCC has a long history of funding the organization.
- If an organization submits a request less than eight (8) weeks in advance, it is not likely to be funded.
- Organizations must send all sponsorship requests to the HCC Community Development Department for consideration.
- Requests will be evaluated to determine whether they fall within the sponsorship priorities of HCC and the budget guidelines of HCC.
- All requests will be presented to the HCC Review Committee which meets once a month.
- Once the Review Committee has reviewed the application, the Community Development department will contact the requestor and provide a response in a timely manner.
Online Application FAQ's
Why did HCC go to an online application process?
Houston Community College is proud to support the many community based organizations that are located within the areas that it serves. HCC receives hundreds of donation requests annually, and that number continues to grow each year. The new online application process will create efficiencies in the HCC processes so that HCC can serve the community better.
How far in advance do I need to submit an online application?
All requests must be received by HCC a minimum of 8 weeks prior to an event, program or activity in order for HCC to ensure the organization receives funding and sponsorship fulfillment in a timely manner.
What if my organization is not 501(c)?
HCC does not fund organizations if they are not 501(c). HCC is only able to sponsor organizations that are verified with a tax exempt designation as determined by the Internal Revenue Service.
Do I have to complete the online application during one online session?
Yes, the online application must be finished during one online session.
Can I mail or e-mail my application?
HCC will not accept applications via mail or e-mail.
When will I be contacted about the status of my application?
After submitting your application, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. After HCC reviews your application within 8 weeks, you will receive a notification indicating whether your request for funding has been approved or declined. Communication will occur via e-mail or a phone call.
What if I have questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please feel free to contact the HCC Community Development office at email@example.com
Can I get a copy of the online application?
Yes. You will be able to log back into the website and view your application. If you would like to preview the questions ahead of time, simply log in and click "preview template".
If I create an account, will I be able to view the status of my application?
Yes. You will be able to log into the website and view the status of your application at any time.
I have received funding in the past from HCC. Do I have to reapply?
Yes. HCC reviews donation requests on an annual basis. In order for HCC to consider sponsoring your event or program, you must submit your online application 8 weeks before the date of the event. Everyone must reapply annually by filling out the online application form with all requested information.
Who receives and reviews requests?
After submission, the online application will be sent to the Community Development office. The office will review the request and work with the organization if the request is approved.