About the HCC Asian Scholarship Program (ASPIRE)
HCC ASPIRE is designed to support educational pursuits and achievements of Asian students and faculty of Houston Community College, and to support activities that highlight Asian culture.
HCC ASPIRE will support educational enrichment through gifts from association members, individuals and organizations as well as fundraising via an annual Scholarship Event.
HCC ASPIRE is proud to be a part of HCC Foundation and we look forward to community’s participation in the annual fundraising scholarship gala hosted by HCC-Foundation. The annual gala hosted by HCC Foundation will include support for HCC-ASPIRE scholarships and ensure educational future to the diverse student body of HCC.
The mission of the HCC Asian Scholarship Program (ASPIRE) is to recognize and provide financial support for the educational enrichment of HCC students of Asian descent and System's Faculty & Staff; in addition to supporting activities that highlight Asian culture.
ASPIRE Board Members
- Neeta Sane, ASPIRE Chair, HCC Trustee-District VII
- Ash Shah, ASPIRE Honorary Co-Chair, Shah Holdings, LLC
- Vice-President, Strategic Alliances
Dr. Parvin Bagherpour, HCC Associate Vice Chancellor for International Student Services & Study Abroad
- Vice-President, Communications and Outreach
Sheila Briones, HCC Director of Community Development
Sponsorship Committee Co-Chairs
- Munir Ibrahim, Past President, Asian American Family Services, APAHA
- Munira Panjwani-Zahid, Community Activist
- Randy McKinney & Barbara Walling, Neighbors Emergency Center
- Kathy Najafi, HCC Southwest Professor, Intensive English Department
Faculty & Staff Engagement Committee Chair
- Dr. Ritu Raju, HCC Northwest Assistant Chair, Technical Communication & Mass Communication
- Kim Arenas, e-Events Group
- Faranak Zafarnia, Past President SIAWE, Scholarship Committee Member
- Dr. Fay Linn Lee, Shell Oil, Operational Portfolio Manager
- Cynthia Cisneros, KTRK 13, Vice President of Community Affairs
- Viet Hoang, Chairman, Le Hoang Foundation, Owner and publisher, Yellow Magazine
- Betty Gee, Board member, APAHA,, Board member and Treasurer of Dance of Asian America, and President of The Gee Family Association Education Fund
- Tony Ly, SVP/Finance Underwriter, STOA Architects
- Wea Lee, Founder, International Trade Center
- Mehmet Okumus, President, Rain Drop Foundation, Inc.
- Dr. Diana Pino, HCC Vice Chancellor of Student Services
- Rima Adil, HCC Northwest, Testing Associate
- Sangeeta Pasrija, Director ICC
- Lina and Michael Sabouni, Founder/Principal, AUTOARCH Achitects
- Casey Youn, Founder/President, Weeco International Corporation
- Khatira Aboulfatova, M.D., LMT, Reiki Practitioner, NuSkin Consultant, Lifestyle Coach
- Anil Shah, Director, Pratham USA
- Sarah Abraham, CEO, Zoya Inc., Texas LPC Board member
- Marylynn Kallina Matthews, Program Manager, Corporate Community Relations, CenterPoint Energy
- Loloy P. Reyes, Board of Director, FACOST (Filipino-American Council of South Texas), Vice President - Alief Community Association, Board member, People Caring for the Community Inc.
- Dr. Mei D. Frias, Education Committee Chair -Tagalog Association of Texas, Board member, Gawad Kalinga Advocate, Community Service and Outreach Adviser - Alief Early College High School
- Priti Patel, HCC Southwest, Cashier II
- Nghi Ho, Alief ISD Trustee
- Chaundra Smith, HCC Southwest, Office Manager
- Mahnaz Kolaini, HCC Northwest, Lead Counselor
- Ajanta Barua, HCC Southwest, Operations Office
- Charles C. Foster, Honorary Consul General of the Kingdom of Thailand
- Al Busyra Basnur, Consul General of the Republic of Indonesia
- Robin Elackatt, Missouri City Councilmember, District C
- Gene Wu, State Representative District 137
- Himesh Gandhi, Sugar Land Councilmember, At-Large, Position 1
- Al Hoang, Houston City Councilmember, District F
- Harish Jajoo, Sugar Land Councilmember, District 4
- Ramey Ko, White House Advisory Commission Member, Initiative on Asian Americans & Pacific Islanders
- Ken Mathew, Stafford Councilmember
- Grady Prestage, Fort Bend County Commissioner, Precinct 2
- Gordon Quan, Former Houston Councilmember
- Ravi K. Sandill, Harris County Judge, 127th District Court
- Randy Sim, City of Southside Councilmember, Position 2
- Hubert Vo, Texas State Representative, District 149
- Dr. Bandula Wijay, Honorary Consul General of Sri Lanka - Texas
- M. J. Khan, Former Houston Councilmember
- Carroll Robinson, HCC Trustee, District IV
- Eva Loredo, HCC Trustee, District VIII
May 9, 2013, By Houston Community College
HCC-ASPIRE is designed to support the educational pursuits and achievements of Asian students and faculty of Houston Community College, and to support activities that highlight Asian culture.
Mar 6, 2015
Houston Community College held a luncheon at the Junior League of Houston to honor students, faculty and staff and thank donors for supporting HCC-ASPIRE.
- 6 Mar
Junior League of Houston
Asian Scholarship Program Inspiring Results & Excellence (ASPIRE) at Houston Community College welcomes you to join us in giving a future to those students seeking to complete their education at HCC.