Check-In and Orientation
ORIENTATION: Mandatory for NEW, TRANSFER, and CHANG of STATUS Students (see below for details)
CHECK-IN: Mandatory for NEW, CHANGE of STATUS, TRAVEL REINSTATEMENT Students (see below for details)
*Transfer Students do not go to check-in
New Student Check-In Schedule
Spring 2016 Check-In Schedule
When you enter the United States, you will need to report to the Office of International Student Services & Study Abroad (OISS&SA) for the mandatory New Student Check-in. The New Student Check-in is organized alphabetically by the first letter of student’s Family Name. See the schedule below for your assigned date and time. It is important that you attend on one of your designated days.
The check-in period runs from December 9, 2015 through Januray 7, 2016. There are multiple days scheduled for the new student check-in; please come to only one. Please do not wait until the last day! Classes fill up quickly. You must report to our office prior to the Orientation date, January 8, 2016.
We are located at:
3200 Main St.
Houston, Texas 77002 (first floor of the garage)
OISS&SA does NOT MAKE COPIES!!!!
WHAT TO BRING:
When reporting for check-in, please bring COPIES the following:
- Completed student International Student Check-In Form
- SEVIS Form I-20 (original and a copy)
- Passport photo page and Visa
- I-94 - you can print your I-94 at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html
- Receipt of online payment or check or money order for the $50.00 orientation fee
– you can pay this with a credit card online through the PeopleSoft / Student Account sign-in or in person at any campus cashier’s office. You may also bring a check or money order with you to the OISS&SA check-in.
OISS&SA does NOT MAKE COPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE COPIES OF YOUR DOCUMENTS WE WILL SEND YOU TO GET THEM AND COME BACK!!!
|Dates||Time||Student Family Name|
|December 9||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z (early check-in)|
|December 10||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z (early check-in)|
|December 11||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|December 14||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|December 15||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|December 16||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|December 17||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|December 18||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|January 4||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|January 5||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|January 6||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z|
|January 7||10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.||A-Z (late check-in|
Please Note: If you are Transfer student, you do not need to check in, however you must attend the Mandatory New Student Orientation.
Mandatory International Student Orientation
Spring 2016 Orientation
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all incoming New, Transfer and Change of Status international students. You are required to attend the entire orientation.
If you do not attend the entire orientation, a hold will be put on your student account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes!
Topics to be covered:
- Maintaining your F-1 Visa Status
- Obtaining your Driver’s License
- Cultural Adjustment
- Safety and Security
- Immigration Laws
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Tax Information
- Social Security
- Academic Requirements
- Questions and Answers
Date & Time:
January 8, 2016
9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
*Students MUST be on time.
*You are expected to treat orientation as if it is a class. You will arrive at 9:00 a.m. and stay until 1:00 p.m.
* Address and Map will be updated, please check back at a future date.
Parking: parking is free of charge
- Space is limited, however, students who do not speak English are encouraged to bring only 1 person to help translate.
- No Children please. If you cannot find someone to watch your children during the orientation time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative options.