Freight Broker Training
Classes are offered in partnership with Houston Community College & Excelsior Enterprise International Inc. Learn how to start and successfully operate your own freight brokerage in just one day. Participants will learn how to start their own business or find a job as an agent.
Freight Broker Training
Excelsior in partnership with HCC covers exactly what you need to know to start and successfully operate your own freight brokerage, including the basics of motor carrier transportation, how to set up your brokerage, the Federal Regulations, how to talk to shippers and find freight during the Recovery (sales and marketing), how to find trucks, how to set marketable freight rates (freight rate development) and how to negotiate contracts with shippers and carriers. While other programs take a week or more to cover this material, we'll show you what you need to know in just one very intensive day to save you time and money. It's a no nonsense course. Plus, we give you both the operational and regulatory perspectives to make sure you learn how to make big money and stay out of trouble .
This class is taught by renowned motivational speaker–USDOT Practitioner James P. Lamb, a former DOT regulator. James has been in the Industry for 18 years, since 1993. James has operated motor carrier, freight brokerage and international consulting businesses during his career. James is a instructor who teaches new entrepreneurs part-time at facilities around the USA, including at Houston
Community College and County College of Morris, NJ (as of Spring 2012).
- Introduction to Brokering & the Trucking Industry
- Understanding How the Players in Freight Brokering Interact
- Setting Up a business Entity (Sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation of LLC)
- Federal Freight Broker licensing and Bonding
- Ensuring a Positive Cash Flow
- Selling and Marketing Your Business
- Finding Freight and Trucks in the 21st Century Freight Rate Development
- Contract Negotiations
There is limited space in our classroom so book well in advance.
Optional materials include:
- Entrepreneur Magazine's
- How to start Freight Brokerage Business, PowerPoint
- presentation, and a Folder of Resource Materials
- including contract from templates.
Program participants move on into freight broker or agent positions.
Entry-level salary range
For more information
call 800.761.7306 or visit: www.freightbrokertrainingclass.com