Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) for Continuing Education Students
Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) is a grant designed to help Texas resident students cover his/her tuition and fees, when these expenses exceed the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) reported on their Student Aid Report (SAR). TPEG is awarded to eligible applicants on a first-come, first-served basis while funds are available and does not cover the cost of books, material, tools or any other supplies.
How to Apply
- Complete HCC Continuing Education Admission application
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid FSA ID - Apply If you are an independent, only you will need a FSA ID. If you are a dependent, you and one of your parents/guardians will also need to apply for a FSA ID.
- Complete the FAFSA application To complete the FAFSA application, your current 1040 income tax information is required. In order for Financial Aid to view your application, please enter the HCC School Code: 010422
- Set up a meeting with your CE Certificate program representative. Bring a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) to the Orientation.
- Eligibility status requirements will be determined in approximately 7-10 business days after all required application documentation is received. Do not register for classes unless TPEG is approved. TPEG award notification will be sent via email.
- Once award notification is received, coordinate start date with CE Staff or Program Manager in order to register for classes.
Funds are awarded to eligible applicants on a firstcome, firstserved basis while funds are available. For more information visit: hccs.edu/ce, call 713.718.8905 or email email@example.com.
- You must be registered in a course before TPEG can be posted to your account.
- You must pass all registered program coursework in order for subsequent coursework to be funded.
- You will only be eligible for one certificate to be funded by TPEG per academic year.
Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) is available for qualified students in the following approved continuing education programs:
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Bilingual Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Bilingual Electrical Technician I & II
- Bilingual Welding
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Child Development Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- Commercial Truck Driving
- Comprehensive Coding Certificate
- Desktop Support and Network Specialist
- Electrical Technician I & II
- Industrial Scaffold Building
- Medical Business Office Professional
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate
- Multi-Family Property Management
- Patient Care Technician
Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) application [716 kbs]