This distance learning program does NOT offer college-credit classes. To take online college classes, please visit hccs.edu/online/ or call 713-718-5275.
To be eligible for distance learning, you must have:
- A laptop
- High-speed internet
- Basic computer skills
- Motivation for self-study
- Minimum assessment scores
- Ability to meet on campus for orientation, testing, or as needed
Before you enroll, you must attend a 2-day orientation specific to distance learning. The first day involves explaining program expectations and completing assessments. The second day involves setting up hardware and software - you must bring your own laptop. Attendance on both days is required. Orientation starts promptly and lasts four hours each day.
Steps to enroll:
1. Take the Basic Computer Skills Assessment. Bring a copy of your results that indicates you passed the assessment. Retake the assessment until you pass.
2. Sign up and attend a 2-day orientation session.
For more information - Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-718-5387.