HCC to take part in the Hunger Game to benefit the Houston Food Bank
Sep 13, 2018
WHAT IS THE HUNGER GAME?
The Hunger Game is a competition to help the Houston Food Bank feed more kids and families in our community. Participants earn points by donating food, funds and volunteer time to the Houston Food Bank. The event coincides with Hunger Action Month in September.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
HCC Food Drives
Look for Houston Food Bank collection boxes during September at all HCC college locations.
Most Needed Items:
- Canned green vegetables (green beans, spinach, collard greens) no salt added
- Canned tomatoes, no salt added
- Canned beans, no salt added
- Canned tuna, salmon, chicken, sardines
- Canned fruits in water or juice
- Whole grain pasta, quinoa, brown rice
- Salt-free seasonings
September 22nd or 29th 1:00-4:00pm
Register at hccs.edu/hccserves
HCC has pledged to donate $5000. Help us reach our goal.
Make a Donation
For more information, please contact Olivia Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.